Aug 30, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Butter

This week I made apple sauce, I still had some apple sauce left from last year, it was a little bitter but I hated to throw it out so I thought I would try turning it into apple butter.

So I poured all the apple sauce into the crock pot and added some ground cinnamon (4 t.), some ground cloves (2 t.), a few cinnamon candies (4) and a couple drops of cinnamon oil.

 Oh and lots of sugar... 3 2/3 cups to be exact.
 Then I let it cook on high with the lid off for about 8 hours, siring every so often.
Not as good as Aunt Diane's cooked-outside-apple-butter, but very good all the same!


Thanks for reading!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Terri K said...

Cody, my husband helped Diane and her family make this years batch of apple butter. His mom and Diane are first cousins. Small world :-)

Kiera Butler said...

This is a great posst