May 25, 2011

Bags!

I went to a 31 party last weekend and was inspired to make some new bags, you know because I NEED more bags!!I love to re-purpose things and when I find a steal I can't help but grab it and find a use for it. I made this green and navy bag from a table runner I found at Pier 1 a couple of years ago for a buck maybe $1.50. I'm not really a table runner type of girl and I didn't even care for it but I knew it would make something great and I LOVE it as a bag!!!
And it's HUGE 9" x
9-1/2" x 13-1/2"!

This one is made from some leftovers, it's 13-1/2'' tall and about 24'' around- super easy!!!.



I was busy yesterday trying to solve my yarn problem. (Along with my fabric hoarding I have become a bit of a yarn hoarder.) The trouble with yarn is that it takes up so much space and becomes a tangled mess.

So I put my new bags to use.

This one is holding 11 new skeins!! I see a future tutorial for this bag!


and this one is a great place for my scrubby making materials.

I crocheted this bag/basket to keep a project in progress in.

Ok, so it didn't really solve my problem, but it helped...

and it gave my a break from working on my "secret project".
An empty oatmeal container makes a great yarn holder, just make a little hole in the lid and it will hold even a super saver skein and keep the yarn you are working with nice an tangle free.

Remember if you see anything here on my blog that you would like me to make for you just send me an e-mail and I would LOVE to create something just for you!!

No comments: