Nov 2, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

As most of my friends and family knows I can't leave a recipe alone. I have to at least try to make it healthier. This one was a winner on the first try!!! These are super moist and even better the next day. I have also baked it in a bunt pan and tossed in a handful of mini choc. chips and baked them in muffins. Just be sure to adjust your baking time!!

Pumpkin Bread-
3- 1 pound loafs

15 oz. pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce
2/3 c. water
2 -1/3 c. sugar
1 c. whole wheat flour
2-1/2 c. white flour
2 t. soda
1-1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. clove
1/2 t. ginger

Mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, apple sauce, water, and sugar. Sift all the dry ingredients together, slowly mix into pumpkin mixture. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

3 comments:

Angie said...

too funny! I baked bread yesterday too ... coconut banana lime bread ... new recipe. I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that are YUMMY!!

tracy said...

You make the best pumpkin bread.

Picnic Buenos Aires said...

Great read thannk you